Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

 
1941 : Sanction of Bishop Mar Francis Vazhappilly to construct Church at Palakkal. Thermadom Chakkalakkal Kunchipalu Mathew, the founder, donated 1.85 acres of land. At his own cost he constructed the parish Church, the Presbytery and Cemetery. Besides, he donated 10 paras (150 cents) of Paddy field and Rs.1,500/- for the daily expenses of the Church.
1941 April 4 : Blessing of the New Church, named St. Mathews Church, palissery, by Bishop Mar Francis Vazhappilly. Fr. John Eluvathingal appointed for spiritual services.
1942 : The declaration of the new parish. It included 26 families separated from Ollur parish (20 Thermadom Chakkalakkal, 2 Kaiparamban, 2 Chiramel Padinjarethala, One Alappat Ponthekkan and Thattil Iyyu). Fr. Joseph Attokkaran the first parish priest.
1956 : Fr. John Eluvathingal was appointed as parish priest.
1969 : Rev. Fr. Joseph Kakkassery vicar of Sacred Heart Church Perinchery given additional charge of Palakkal Church.
1970 : Fr. Joseph Kakkassery residential parish priest of Palissery.
1970 May 18 : Change of St. Mathews Church Palissery as St. Mathews Church Palakkal.

Expansion of the parish upto Kanimangalam Over Bridge which includes St. George CMC Convent, East Krishy Bhavan Road and Kallur Mana, South Mannara Thodu (Palakkal Thodu), West Venginissery Junction and Thriveni Point.
1970 May 31 : Expanded Palakkal parish came into existance. The expanded parish included 60 families from Chevoor parish and 25 families from Ammadam parish. The parishners from Chevoor managed an organisation named Chevoor Samooham. This Samooham had a chapel by name St. Francis Xavier chapel at Palakkal Centre having 3 cents of Land donated by Arimboor Vaidyakkaran Lonappan Anthony & Pyloth. The chapel was constructed by the families of Poruthur Koonampilakkal, Arimbur Vaidyakkaran, Chittilappilly Pullokkaran, Pulikkottil Kunnamkada, Eluvathingal, Chirayath Azhchakattil, Thacharattil, Marottikkal, Alappat, Cherayath, Cherayath Kottayathukkaran, Chalissery, etc., who had one acres of property at Venginissery known as ‘Samooha Parambu’.
1972 Nov. 12 : Demolition of existing Church for the construction of new Church under the leadership of Fr. Francis Karippery. Foundation stone laid by Fr. Francis Karippery. The ‘Samooha Parambu’ was sold for Rs.25,000/- and added to the new Church construction fund.
1973 Nov. 15 : Hosana Sunday : Mar George Alappat Blessed the new Church and Mar Joseph Kundukulam offered Holy Mass.
1974 October : Started St. Jude Novena every Thursday under the leadership of Fr. Thomas Panjikkaran.
1976 Sept.1 : Chakkalakkal Mathew Kunjipalu handed over the management of ALPS Palissery established in 1897 to our parish
1979 Feb.1 : Construction of cemetery Chapel.
1985 : Established St. Mathews Nursery School. Construction of St. Jude Grotto under the leadership      of Fr. James Parokkaran.  The Liteny and St. Jude Novena was shifted to the Grotto.
1991 Jan. 25 : Golden Jubilee celebration of the Parish
1991 : Construction of St. Mathew’s Shopping Complex in the compound (33 cents) donated by Fr. Joseph Attokkaran under the leadership of Fr. Davis Chiramel.
1994 Mar. 4 : Blessing of St. Mathew’s Shopping Complex by Mar Joseph Kundukulam.
1996 Sept. 20  : Construction of St. Mathew’s Chapel.  Land for the Chapel given by Thermadom Chalakkal             Vareed Antony and the Chapel constructed by the neighbouring family units.
2002 Jan.27 : Foundation stone for the new Church was laid by Mar Jacob Thoomkuzhy.
2002 Dec. 8 : Blessing of the new Catechism Hall by Msgr. Joseph Kakkassery Vicar General.
2003 June 1 : Blessing of the Presbytery by Fr. Thomas Choondal.
2004 Nov. 27 : Consecration of the new Church by Mar Jacob Thoomkuzhy.
2007 Oct. 17 : Releasing of the parish Bullettin “Jeevanprabha”.
2009 Jan. 26 : Blessing of the Foundation stone for the re-construction of the School Building by Fr. Bernard Thattil.
2010 Jan. 1 : Blessing of new School Building by Fr. Bernard Thattil. Inauguration by Mar. Andrews Thazhath.
2010 June 15 : Computerisation of office records and Accounts.
2010 July 16 : Purchase of 17 cents adjacent to  St. Mathew’s Shopping Complex under the leadership of  Fr. Jose Ainikkal.
2010 Aug. 15 : Our Parish website is inaugurated by Rev. Mar Andrews Thazhath, Metropolitan Archbishop of Trichur Archdiocese for our parish.
 
Service Time
Sundays Holy Mass at 6 a.m.,
10 a.m. at St.Mathew's Church
" Holy Mass at 8 a.m. at Kanimangalam Convent Chapel
Monday to Saturday Holy Mass at 6.30 a.m. at St.Mathew's Church (except Thursdays)
Thursdays 5 p.m. at St.Mathew's Church (Holy Mass, Litany, Novena of
St. Jude Thaddeus)
Office Time 7.15 a.m. - 8.15 a.m. (Except Thursdays)
Thursdays 6.15 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.